Cobble is an app that helps couples and friends discover and confirm amazing plans from date-nights to getaways. We publish short-form content on outstanding bars & restaurants, unique events, creative at-home activities, hikes, movies, and much more.
Cobble is seeking local freelance writers to add to our base of content before launch and join as ongoing writers with weekly assignments. The perfect candidate is a witty and smart wordsmith with a keen sense of what makes a place or activity worthwhile and special. Writers will use their personal knowledge of the local culture, vibes, and light research to write up hundreds of cool spots and activities in NYC and beyond. If this sounds like a dream, we wanna hear from you!
Each assignment will follow a simple outline including writing (approx. 2-3 sentences), choosing the best imagery to enhance your writing, and inputting relevant information (ex. address, phone number, hours of operation, links to websites and tickets or reservations if interested). Writers will have access to a style guide, other internal resources, and a team that is always accessible!
What to expect
Writers will have weekly assignments and be paid per assignment on a bi-weekly basis. You will be a big part of a tight-knit editorial team at a fast-growing startup! While this is a part-time gig, we love creating consistent, long-term working relationships if everyone is happy!
How to apply
If interested, please apply with your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. There will be a brief writing assignment for all qualified applicants. Our Cobble Content team will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team.
Use Subject Line: (Your Name), ATTN: Ali Higgins
Job Type: Part-time
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member
- A desire to work in journalism, media, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Knowledge of NYC social life and culture
- Excellent grammatical, writing, and organizational skills, extremely reliable, and meets deadlines
- At least 10 hours/week to write for Cobble
Nice to have
- 2+ years of professional writing experience
- Relevant writing samples in food, entertainment, or leisure activities
- BA/BS in Journalism, Media, or Communications or related field
- A niche interest in any relevant subject from baking to live theater to vegan restaurants
- Ability to adapt to new editorial & technical requirements
Why this job is awesome
- You will be joining a young, energetic, and passionate team
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- We’re a fast-growing startup with lots of press! See here.
- There is little cap on what you can work on and a variety of interesting projects are always available to hone new skills
- There are opportunities for additional growth and promotions based on your performance!
Ask questions and think critically.
Make it happen. Be thrilled to go the extra mile.
Follow the golden rule—treat others how you would like to be treated.
New growth stems from excitement, experimentation, and brainstorming. Look for spontaneous collaboration.
Be an advocate for Cobble wherever you go.
It’s only a problem if only you know it’s a problem.
We’re as inclusive as the couples who use Cobble and the experiences we recommend.
What do you do when no one is looking?
When you graduate from Cobble in 5, 10, 15 years—how is this place different because you were here?
Something on your mind? Go to the source. Unsure of something? Be willing to ask for help.
What we do, we do well.