We make happier couples.
We do this by making it easier to discover, agree on, and do the things you want to do together. We noticed there was a huge focus on dating apps over the past decade, but not a lot of answers to what happens after. Life after the swipe is totally underrated.
We're starting with date night, and answering the often infuriating question: "What do you want to do tonight?" It's tough to figure out how to spend your hard-earned time and money together. That's why we're here. When you both swipe right on a date idea, it's a match. We’ll handle the rest. You just keep digging each other.
Now, with most of us staying indoors for the time being, our team has quickly enhanced and extended the content in Cobble! Now you and your partner can figure out what to do at home. New categories include: Film & TV, Cooking & Baking, Takeout & Delivery, Activities, Virtual Events, and so much more.
We are excitedly searching for a wonderful Full-Time Freelance Editor to join our close-knit team. We hope that's you!
Cobble is looking for a thoughtful, dynamic editor to join our fast-growing editorial team. Launching soon in more cities, we are seeking a full-time freelance editor to help edit our growing base of content before launch as well as ongoing weekly assignments. The perfect candidate is a witty and smart wordsmith with a keen sense of what makes a place or activity worthwhile and special. Editors will use a deep understanding of the Cobble tone, style, and language to edit hundreds of cool spots and activities in NYC, Miami, and At-Home. If this sounds like a dream, we wanna hear from you.
Each write-up (what we call a card) follows a simple outline and averages around 2-3 sentences in length. Editors will have access to a style guide, other internal resources, and a team that is always accessible.
What to expect
Our new editor will work directly with the editorial director and our writers to advance content, suggest improvements, and report progress. They should have experience editing multiple freelance writing pieces concurrently, and be able to confidently manage their workload and deadlines. Cobble also publishes other types of content, such as guides on the website and a weekly newsletter -- new content and editing opportunities often pop-up and the flexibility and desire to take on new projects is a must. Other than the editorial team, there’s a lot of cross-department collaboration with the social media and product teams, our ideal candidate is comfortable working with colleagues at all levels of the company.
You will be a crucial part of a tight-knit editorial team at a fast-growing startup! While this is a freelance gig, we'd love to create a consistent, long-term working relationship if everyone is happy!
Salary between $25-$40k based on hours and experience.
How to apply
If interested, please apply with your resume and a cover letter. There will be a brief editing test for all qualified applicants. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team.
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team leader.
- Experience working in journalism, media, marketing, communications or a related field
- Excellent organization, extremely reliable, and meets deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills -- an ability to provide feedback and suggestions in a timely and friendly manner
- Knowledge of social life and culture
- At least 40 hours/week to edit for Cobble
- An eagerness to grow and develop as an editor
Nice to have
- 3+ years of professional editing experience
- Relevant editing or writing samples in food, entertainment, or leisure activities
- BA/BS in Journalism, Media, or Communications or related field
- A niche interest in any relevant subject from baking to live theater
- Ability to adapt to new editorial & technical requirements
Why this job is awesome
- You will be joining a young, energetic, and passionate team
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- We’re a fast-growing startup with lots of press! See here.
- There is little cap on what you can work on and a variety of interesting projects are always available to hone new skills
- There are opportunities for additional growth and promotions based on your performance!
Ask questions and think critically.
Make it happen. Be thrilled to go the extra mile.
Follow the golden rule—treat others how you would like to be treated.
New growth stems from excitement, experimentation, and brainstorming. Look for spontaneous collaboration.
Be an advocate for Cobble wherever you go.
It’s only a problem if only you know it’s a problem.
We’re as inclusive as the couples who use Cobble and the experiences we recommend.
What do you do when no one is looking?
When you graduate from Cobble in 5, 10, 15 years—how is this place different because you were here?
Something on your mind? Go to the source. Unsure of something? Be willing to ask for help.
What we do, we do well.