Cobble is an app that ends decision fatigue. Our mission is to get people back out into the world doing the things they love with the people they care about. No more "What do you want to do?" "I don't know...what do you want to do?" With Cobble, everything we build is for getting people to a collaborative agreement—faster, easier, and way more fun than texting back and forth with no end in sight.
We do this through a combination of excellent curated content, and a suite of social decision-making tools. You might discover...your new favorite restaurant, a TV show everyone can't stop talking about, a one-time-only event, and so much more. Best of all? You'll actually do it because that's what Cobble is made for. Not another list app. A do it app.
We are an early stage company growing at the speed of light. We launched in June of 2020 in a fear-filled pandemic that had many people questioning if we'd ever be out in the world together again. Cobble always had that vision to say yes, and we're going to be a part of making it happen. That's how our solo, first-time, female founder raised $3.3M in the middle of the pandemic. Now, we're finding our footing in the world and looking for brilliant people to join our team—help us grow, help us continue nailing our product, and making Cobble a household name. Our team is distributed across the world, across cultures and backgrounds, and our leadership team is 80% female. Cobble was built with a spirit of inclusion and we're proud to keep up that reputation. Being remote isn't always easy, but we're pros at this point. Every year, we host Camp Cobble where all of our people come to New York for one epic week (you bet we use Cobble to make the best plans of all time).
Our marketing plays a pivotal role in our decision-making platform. Our users love the experiences they can gain via using our app, and we need to build a team that wants to help more people discover our amazing platform. This is where you come in.
As our outside-the-box thinking PR Consultant, you will be responsible for building our brand PR strategy, overseeing media responsibility and outreach, and coordinating influencer seeding. Success in this role requires displaying a relentless hands-on approach to managing high volume relationships with influencers/journalists/agencies, etc. You bring a balanced quantitative and qualitative approach to deliver results. You love data and are comfortable working closely cross-functionally to drive a successful PR strategy and program for Cobble.
What you'll be doing
- Build awareness of our brand and app through media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business our mission, values and technology
- Manage influencer program
- Coordinate all public relations activities and industry media
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results on a monthly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member
- At least 1-4 years of public relations experience
- Ambitious self-starter that is proactive and results driven
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong existing media relationships, especially with local media outlets in our various citites (NYC, Atlanta, LA, Miami)
- Analytical skills; experience with data analysis and reporting
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
Why this job is awesome
- You will be owning a seriously important part of a growing startup's business
- You will be joining a young, energetic, and passionate team
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- We’re a fast-growing startup with lots of press—see here.
- Take a look at who you'll be working with on our Org Chart here.
- There is little cap on what you can work on and a variety of interesting projects are always available to hone new skills
- There are opportunities for additional growth and promotions based on your performance
- Salary: $40-60K
- This is a good faith estimate. Our budget may have slight flexibility depending on the seniority to go + or - $10K
Ask questions and think critically.
Make it happen. Be thrilled to go the extra mile.
Follow the golden rule—treat others how you would like to be treated.
New growth stems from excitement, experimentation, and brainstorming. Look for spontaneous collaboration.
Be an advocate for Cobble wherever you go.
It’s only a problem if only you know it’s a problem.
We’re as inclusive as the couples who use Cobble and the experiences we recommend.
What do you do when no one is looking?
When you graduate from Cobble in 5, 10, 15 years—how is this place different because you were here?
Something on your mind? Go to the source. Unsure of something? Be willing to ask for help.
What we do, we do well.