Hi. We’re Cobble.
We make happier couples.
We do this by making it easier to discover, agree on, and do the things you want to do together. We noticed there was a huge focus on dating apps over the past decade, but not a lot of answers to what happens after. Life after the swipe is totally underrated.
We're starting with date night, and answering the often infuriating question: "What do you want to do tonight?" It's tough to figure out how to spend your hard-earned time and money together. That's why we're here. When you both swipe right on a date idea, it's a match. We’ll handle the rest. You just keep digging each other.
Now, with most of us staying indoors for the time being, our team has quickly enhanced and extended the content in Cobble! Now you and your partner can figure out what to do at home. New categories include: Film & TV, Cooking & Baking, Takeout & Delivery, Activities, Virtual Events, and so much more.
We are excitedly searching for a wonderful data analyst to join our closeknit team. We hope that's you!
- BS or MS degree in Data Science, computer science, statistics or applied mathematics.
- 5+ years of relevant full-time data science or equivalent experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming, and data analytics.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and content team to identify issues and understand company needs and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making.
- Sift and analyze data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities.
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results and suggest solutions to leadership team.
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers are reacting to features in the app, engaging with content and functionality, and help the product team improve their roadmap based on what the data suggests our customers want.
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods.
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organization.
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Technical skills include knowledge of database languages such as SQL, R, or Python; spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experience with Metabase, Segment, and Amplitude a plus.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- 10 hours/week to start with the opportunity to increase!
Ask questions and think critically.
Make it happen. Be thrilled to go the extra mile.
Follow the golden rule—treat others how you would like to be treated.
New growth stems from excitement, experimentation, and brainstorming. Look for spontaneous collaboration.
Be an advocate for Cobble wherever you go.
It’s only a problem if only you know it’s a problem.
We’re as inclusive as the couples who use Cobble and the experiences we recommend.
What do you do when no one is looking?
When you graduate from Cobble in 5, 10, 15 years—how is this place different because you were here?
Something on your mind? Go to the source. Unsure of something? Be willing to ask for help.
What we do, we do well.